FBLA Members – On to State!
On February 1, 31 FBLA members from Freeman HS attended the 2017 Northeast Region FBLA Winter Conference at Eastpoint Church in Spokane Valley. A total of 576 students from throughout the region competed in a number of business related areas, making this the largest regional conference in the state in the history of Washington State FBLA. The top six competitors in each competition qualified for the state conference which will be held in Spokane during the third week of April. Top finishers at the state competition earn the honor to compete at the National FBLA Conference in Anaheim this June.
A big congratulation goes out to the following 21 Freeman students who made it into the top 6 in their respective competition, bringing home 39 trophies in the process, and will now be heading to the state conference!
· Public Speaking 1 – Celia Vigil
· Hospitality Management – The team of Ailsa Hansen, Hanna Hansen, and Shayna Nickerson
· Advertising – Desi Thosath
· Business Calculations – Nathan Longhurst
· Economics – Hailey Conklin
· Impromptu Speaking – Shilo Stuart
· Emerging Business Issues – The team of Desi Thosath and Tyler Haase
· Introduction to Business Presentation – The team of Celia Vigil and Elsa Longhurst
· Job Interview – Marley Pratt
· Organizational Leadership – Noah Carasco
· Banking and Financial Systems – The team of Nathan Longhurst and Tyler Waite
· Website Design – The team of Marley Pratt and Jarett Wright
· Word Processing – Morgan Stokoe
· Business Communications – Nathan Longhurst
· Personal Finance – Nathan Longhurst
· Public Service Announcement – The team of Marley Pratt, Jackson Clark and Tyler Waite
· Computer Problem Solving – Erick Flack
· Introduction to Business Communications – Elsa Longhurst
· Website Design – Tyler Haase
· Business Communications – Shilo Stuart
· Sales Presentation – Erick Flack
· Spreadsheet Applications – Barratt Moland
· Client Service – Shilo Stuart
· Graphic Design – The team of Ailsa Hansen, Hanna Hansen, and Shayna Nickerson
· Business Communications – Erick Flack
· Sales Presentation – Jack Cramer
· Client Service – Jackson Clark
· Hospitality Management – The team of Jared Lara and Aimee Cox
A big congratulation goes out to all the FBLA members who represented Freeman in an excellent manner! Freeman High School’s Future Business Leaders of America is the premier organization for students preparing for careers in business. It is the largest and oldest student business organization in the world with more than a quarter of a million members! FBLA prepares students for ‘real world’ professional experiences, with members gaining the competitive edge for college and career successes. For more information, please contact Freeman’s FBLA advisor, Scott Moore at the high school (291-3721, ext 201 or firstname.lastname@example.org).